Wednesday, August 5, 2026

frogs + paintings

first i'd like to start with some frogs i have since i was reading this post: https://monomalomonomalo.blogspot.com/2026/01/whats-on-my-trinket-shelf-1-frogs.html

Frog 1:


I bought this at a craft fair from the woman who taught me how to spin yarn. I would love to get a spinning wheel but my house is honestly too small with the other things I have currently. Anyway, I love that it's got a big ol' frown

Frog 2: 

This frog i got from my friend's little sister, I think when I was in high school. It was a very kind gesture because she was a kid at the time.

Frog 3:

This frog i got from a thrift store when I was a kid. If you push up on the bottom, he'll collapse. 

Frog 4: 

i need to rummage through the little basket at the bottom of the above photo to find the frog trinket I drew here. A while ago I drew some of my trinkets, and this ceramic frog container that also contains a little ceramic fly is one of them. this frog was a gift from my grandpa back when i was a child.

I might have more, but for now these are them. I think i should make an Apothecary Diaries display with all my frogs too. (✿◠‿◠)

Now, for some paintings. I only wrote a little of my new story today, maybe a few hundred words, but I did do some painting.


This one is a lil guy. he seems pretty nervous.


I was originally going to make this into another robot, but now I'm thinking of adding some moss to it and making them some stacked rocks. 

this is all for now. i must sleep



4 comments:

  1. great frog collection, 10/10. number 2 is one of the best frogs i've ever seen, i love her so so soso much !!!! i will be drawing her later.

    i think you should add the moss to the stacked rocks and still let him be a little robot, a rock robot ! he's been in the wild for so long, he's becoming one with nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy <3
      I'd love to see #2 drawn! 🐸

      Delete
  2. Wowwww I love that second painting, really beautiful and serene. I like the moss idea too!

    ReplyDelete

shelves + sci fi + satisfaction

i don't want to say much tonight, but i do want to share that i built these shelves and arranged all this stuff today. the shelves are f...