Tuesday, August 4, 2026

robot boys + bug boys + chex quest

i might still paint tonight, but last night i felt so inspired by robots that i started writing an original story about two robots. 

i'm so excited about it.

the thing that's hard about original fiction is i don't get the same satisfaction from posting it and getting audience feedback since i want to be able to submit it for publication later. (it also doesn't have an established fandom lol)

it's fun thinking about what it would be like to be a robot. what would i care about? If I had access to so much information at any given time, what would excite me? If my companion and I shared all the same data, how would be different?

if you're worried that I'll care less about bugs since i'm writing a robot fic, don't fret. A small lichen moth is important in the first installment.

& i've been reading Bug Boys and this is literally everything i've ever wanted. I also just got my rhino beetle phone charm in the mail yesterday, so all day I looked at it and thought of Rhino-B. 

My cat just bit through a soda can. it was still in the case. He bit through the plastic and the aluminum. WHAT?

i've been listening to robot music too, obviously


but also this song, which i don't know if it samples Chex Quest, but i got such a sense memory for Chex Quest while listening to this



No comments:

Post a Comment

driver + new zone

i did it! i passed my driver's test (on the first try!) after having like 8-10 permits & at the ripe old age of 32, i finally actual...