Monday, August 17, 2026

witches + reading + lounging

i think i'm in a mode of filling my cup again.
i've been wanting to lounge and read a lot. 

today i finished The Witches by Roald Dahl. I never read this before, but i found the ending... a bit more melancholy that i was expecting. 
~spoiler warning~
"...I would never want to live longer than you," I said. "I couldn't stand being looked after by anybody else."

"...by then I'll be a very old mouse and you'll be a very old grandmother and soon after that we'll both die together."  

 "...That means everything we did was for nothing! Have I become a mouse for nothing at all?"

so strangely enough it's a bit about finding life's purpose and coming to terms with death. 

I went to the library yesterday and checked out four books. One of which i've started reading, Rebugging The Planet by Vicki Hird. for some reason library books seem quite a bit more appealing to me than the plentitudes on my shelf. 

i'll happily follow the feelings of reading and lounging, and i will happily follow the feelings of using my library <3

i continue to think about my robot boys and their story, but no writing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

shelves + sci fi + satisfaction

i don't want to say much tonight, but i do want to share that i built these shelves and arranged all this stuff today. the shelves are f...